Friday, May 11, 2012

The countdown is on!

We will be moving into our new condo in exactly 73 days!

or

about 2.5 months!

or

1 752 hours!

or

105 120 minutes!

or

6 307 200 seconds!

Sorry, I got carried away there.  I just thought this website that helped me with those calculations was really funny.

All that to say, we are getting super excited.  Especially since we came across this MLS Listing for a Bennett unit in the Tiffani I.  (We purchased the Bennett model in the Tiffani II)

The realtor describes our unit as being a "rarely available 760 square foot bright and beautiful Bennett unit with the best views in the building!"

Yes - BEST views in the building!

Even though looking at the floor plan, and using my Urban Barn Make Room tool definitely help get a sense of the space and layout, pictures are always fun, which is why I was so excited to see this lising.

Here's the layout to refresh your memory:


Here's the kitchen/dining area with the front entrance in the far right corner.  I love the walk through kitchen. Since the space is quite small, I think it definitely helps the flow of the unit.  There is an opening behind the half-wall you see against the kitchen island.


Another view of the kitchen from a slightly different angle.  The den is in behind the kitchen to the back left, which they have actually set up as their dining area.  We plan on using the space beside the kitchen (in front of their white shelving units) as our dining area.  I can't wait to find the perfect bar stools to pull up to our island!


Here is the living room with the sunny balcony beyond the patio doors, which I think actually looks shorter than it is.  In reality it is 15'3" feet long. 


Here is the floor plan I am envisioning for the living/dining area (this is a mirrored image since the Tiffani II units are on the opposite side).  I used the exact dimensions of our couch and dining table, and estimated the measurements for the coffee table, chairs and hutch by researching pieces I might actually want to purchase.  


And as another reminder, here is our new furniture that we purchased over boxing week last year.



This is a photo of the den.  The double doors lead to a storage area and the washer/dryer.  Our immediate plans are to fill this space with our current living room furniture to create a typical "den" and guest room, but eventually this will become a nursery.  I think it looks smaller than its actual 8'10" X 7'3" square footage.  


Here is the bedroom.  I'm so happy with its size and the beautiful large windows.  I can't wait to be lying in bed, enjoying that view.


This is the layout I'm hoping to achieve in the bedroom.  I was originally going to place the desk in front of the window, but I didn't realize it went all the way to the ground.  I'm going to sneak it into the corner so that I don't obstruct our views.


And speaking of the view - here is it!  This was taken from the 14th floor (we are on the 8th).  There is a lot of beautiful green space across the Vanier Parkway and along the river.  One of the main reasons we chose The Bennett is the fact that we are facing South/West which will allow for plenty of afternoon and evening sunlight for us to enjoy.


So, there you have it!  A little update on how excited we are and what we have to look forward to in about 6 million seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment