Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Etsy love

I have been loving Etsy lately.

Probably because I've been scouring the internet for all things wedding, home décor and baby (still have a few baby showers to go!)  Etsy has a lot to offer, so I thought I would put together a collection of my favourite stores and items!  FYI, all of the Etsy stores I'm profiling have 100% positive customer feedback and very good reviews.

Festive Home Decor

Here, you will find a fun assortment of throw pillow covers in an array of beautiful and bright fabrics.  Michelle, the chief owner, prides herself on hunting down only the best of fabrics to create her pillow covers, and her attention to detail shows.  She sells quirky designs well suited for a nursery along with more modern and elegant options which would look great in a bedroom.  I plan on purchasing some of her covers once we move into the condo and figure out colour pallets.







Erin, the shop owner, is a very creative gal with a love for typography.  When she recently came across other passions of gardening, cooking and canning, Articipe was born.  The deal is, you send her your favourite recipe and the colour scheme you are looking for and she will create a personalized and very charming piece of recipe art (articipe) just for you.

I think this is a fabulous mother's day gift.


If the wall art isn't your thing, you will definitely love these adorable get well cards.  *must be delivered with homemade chicken noodle soup*



I think Michelle's nature inspired water colour art is just beautiful and I found it very difficult deciding which pieces to upload here.  You can check out her featured profile here, where she says that in 10 years she would like to be painting, hopefully in a studio detached from her own home, write a children's book, hike the Patagonia and own a greenhouse filled with lemon and olive trees.  Don't you just want to be her best friend?

Obviously I couldn't say no to "Bee Hive".



I think we need the stacked whales somewhere in our new place.  Derek looooves whales!






Artist and owner of Cultivar, Katie, is truly talented!  So talented, that she is no longer able to accept orders because she's so busy!  She creates bouquets, hair pieces and other embellishments to make your wedding just that much more beautiful.  The material she uses to create these pieces are all second hand and include lace, vintage fabricl, broaches and other jewels.  Best of all, they are completely customizable to your wedding colours.

Thankfully I discovered Katie's work months ago and was able to put my name on a waiting list, as I am hoping to walk down the isle carrying one of her beautiful bouquets.  I love the idea of being able to keep this as a wedding memory for ever!




I have been researching bridesmaid clutches on Etsy, as an option for my girls to carry instead of flowers.  I 


David and Chiyo, a Vancouver based shop, creates beautiful clutches which can be used for bridesmaids.  I like the Bridesmaids Set below since each clutch is a little bit different.  I think a gold/silver combination would tie in very nicely to all the girls' dresses and the style of our wedding.  


It's nice because they will provide 30% off your order if you purchase 5 or more purses.  Just think of the fun gifts I could fill them up with!



This London, UK based shop offers the same services as David and Chiyo with a slightly different style.


I know this is probably a very personal taste, but I think carrying a nice clutch is pretty cute!


Do you guys have any favourite Etsy shops I should know about?  I love the feature that allows you to shop in your own city or at least closer to home.  I definitely try and do this as much as possible to support my local artist community.  Maybe I'll have to write another post specifically for those peeps!

One of my favourite parts about online shopping is receiving a package in the mail.  Isn't that the BEST ever!?!?

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment